Belize was a British colony for more than a century and was known as British Honduras until 1973. It became an independent nation in 1981. Belize is a small nation on the eastern coast of Central America on the Caribbean Sea bordered by Mexico to the northwest and Guatemala to the west and south. The country is a parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy which recognizes Queen Elizabeth II as Sovereign. The name is shared by the Belize River and Belize City, the former capital and largest city.
Belize Offshore Company Formation – Requirements:
- DIRECTOR: Minimum of one Director. Corporations are permitted.
- SECRETARY: A Secretary is not required.
- SHAREHOLDER: Minimum of one Shareholder. Corporations are permitted.
- Shareholder(s) and director(s) may be the same.
- SHARES & CAPITAL: The standard share capital is USD 50,000.00 divided into 50,000 shares of USD 1.00 each. Shares can be issued with or without par value. Bearer shares are permitted, but they must be held at the registered office.
- NAME OF THE COMPANY: Must end with one of the following suffixes: Limited or Ltd.; Corporation or Corp.; Incorporated or Inc.; Société Anonyme or S.A.; Sociedad Anonima or S.A.; Besioten Vennootshcap or B.V.; Gesellschaft mit beschrankter Haftung or GmbH; Naamloze Vennootschap or NV.
Other Information about Belize Offshore Companies:
- Status of the company: Belize International Business Company (IBC).
- Incorporation of Belize Company takes 48-72 hours.
- According to the Belize IBC Act of 1990, offshore companies are exempted from all taxes and stamp duties.
- There is no requirement for filing annual returns or audited financial statements with the Belize authorities.
- The Belize incorporation documents do not carry the name or identity of the shareholder(s) or director(s). As such no names appear on the public record.
- The object of the Company is to engage in any act or activity that is not prohibited under any law. The Company cannot carry on business with Belize companies or individuals resident in Belize.
Belize Incorporation Package Includes:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Appointment of First Director
- Share Certificate
- Register of Members
- Register of Directors
- First Minutes