Hong Kong is one of the two special administrative regions (SARs) of the People’s Republic of China (PRC), along with Macau. Comprised of over 260 islands, the territory is located on the eastern banks of the Pearl River Delta, facing the South China Sea in the south and bordering Guangdong province in the north. Hong Kong is the leading South East Asian centre for both commerce and finance and is the world’s third largest financial centre.
Hong Kong Offshore Company Formation – Requirements:
- DIRECTOR: Minimum of one Director. Corporations are permitted.
- SECRETARY: A local Secretary is necessary (this is provided as part of the Registered Agent service).
- SHAREHOLDER: Minimum of one Shareholder. Corporations are permitted.
Shareholder(s) and director(s) may be the same.
- SHARES & CAPITAL: The standard share capital is HK$ 10,000 made up of 10,000 shares of HK$ 1.00 each. Shares can be issued with par value only.
- NAME OF THE COMPANY: Must end with Limited or Ltd.
Other Information about Hong Kong Offshore Companies:
- Status of the company: Hong Kong Non-Resident Company.
- Hong Kong companies pay 16% on profits generated in Hong Kong. Profits generated from the rest of the world are not taxed.
- Financial statements, accounts or records must be kept for a Hong Kong Company. Annual audited financial statements must be filed with the Hong Kong tax authorities. An Annual Return must be filed with the Companies Registrar.
- The Hong Kong incorporation documents do carry the name or identity of the shareholder(s) or director(s). As such the names appear on the public record.
- The object of the Company is to engage in any act or activity that is not prohibited under any law. A Hong Kong Company can do business with Hong Kong residents and Companies but any profits will be taxed.
Hong Kong Incorporation Package Includes:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Appointment of the First Director
- Minutes of the First Meetings
- Register of Shareholder, Directors, Office
- Share certificates