The United Kingdom (UK, Great Britain) is a sovereign state that lies to the northwest of Continental Europe with the Republic of Ireland to the west. The United Kingdom is made up of four constituent countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The United Kingdom also has sixteen overseas territories, including offshore jurisdictions. UK is a member of the G8, it is also the fifth largest economy in the world and second largest in Europe. It is the third most populous state in the European Union and is a founding member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the United Nations (UN).
United Kingdom (UK) Limited Company Formation – Requirements:
- DIRECTOR: Minimum of one Director. Corporations are permitted.
- SECRETARY: A Secretary is necessary. Corporations are permitted.
- SHAREHOLDER: Minimum of one Shareholder. Corporations are permitted.
Director and secretary cannot be the same.
- SHARES & CAPITAL: The standard share capital is GBP 1,000.00 divided into 1,000 shares of GBP 1.00 each. Shares can be issued with par value only. Bearer shares are not permitted.
- ADDRESS: UK address is required for registered office address of the company. The address can be in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- NAME OF THE COMPANY: Must end with Limited or Ltd.
Other Information about UK Limited Companies:
- Status of the company: UK Private Limited Company.
- Standard Incorporation of UK Company can take 3 – 24 hours.
20% corporation tax for UK companies with profit not higher than GBP 300,000.00
30% corporation tax for UK companies with profit higher than GBP 1,500,000.00
- There is requirement to file annual accounts with the UK authorities – a company is required to keep all financial records that reflect the financial position of the company.
- There is requirement to file annual return with the UK authorities.
- The UK incorporation documents carry the names and identity of the shareholder(s), director(s) and secretary. As such the names appear on the public record.
- The object of the Company is to engage in any act or activity that is not prohibited under any law. There are no restrictions on doing business within or outside of the UK by UK companies.
UK Incorporation Package Includes
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Letter of appointment of First Director
- Documents confirming the structure of the company
- Share certificates
- Register of Shareholder
- Register of Directors
- Corporate pliers seal with the name of the company