Application for Citizenship after 7 years of stay in Cyprus
It can be submitted by foreign nationals, who have completed seven years of legal residence in the Republic prior to the date of application.
In cases of aliens who are either parents or children of Cypriot citizens the time required is five years rather than seven.
In any case, the applicant must have resided legally and continuously in Cyprus during the twelve months preceding the date of the application.
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Certificate of clean criminal record of the applicant
- Marriage certificate
- Copies of all the pages of all the passports of the applicant showing his/her arrivals and departures in Cyprus
- Detailed statement of arrivals and departures completed by the applicant
- Copies of newspaper advertisements in two consecutive publications which report that the applicant has filed an application for naturalization.
- Two passport size photographs
- Photocopy of receipt for the amount of 500 euros paid as fees
Please that all public documents issued abroad must:
a) bear an official translation into Greek or English from Press and Information Office.
b) Be certified with APOSTILLE if the country has signed the Hague Convention of 1961 or
- Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then by the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in his country or
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the Embassy / Consulate of his country in Cyprus and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus.
- In the instance that the country of origin of the applicant has not signed the Hague Convention of 1961and there is no Embassy /Consulate in the above mentioned country the documents must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the applicant and then the nearest Embassy / Consulate which is accredited to Cyprus.