We take this opportunity to inform you about our legal services in the Energy sector, and more specifically the Oil & Gas sector after being awarded as the “Oil & Gas Law Firm of the Year in Cyprus 2014” by Corporate Intl Magazine.
Our Firm provides a wide spectrum of legal advice on the different commercial, legal, regulatory and structural challenges related to the oil and gas developments in Cyprus. Since the early days of announcement regarding the discovery of hydrocarbon reserves in offshore Cyprus we have tailored our energy practice to fit the needs and growing demands of various international corporations for pragmatic and efficient legal advice on the legal framework in Cyprus, the EU and Internationally in respect to the development of the Oil and Gas industry.
Our Firm places strong emphasis on the advisory services on the legal aspects related to the Oil and Gas industry from the standpoint of Cyprus, including but not limited to:
- Legal support and guidance in relation to Upstream, Midstream and Downstream procedures,
- Governmental authorities and bodies – Their role in the activities and the extent of state participation in the activities,
- Regulatory issues – Advice in regards to compliance with domestic, EU an International laws and regulations in the energy sector,
- Licensing procedures for prospection, exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons,
- LNG Project Development – Potential in newly producing countries, risks and shipping,
- Oil and gas commercial transactions and contracts, servicing and drilling, legal advice when it comes to negotiation and evaluation of terms of contracts.
- Natural Gas Sales Agreements – Evaluation of terms and conditions, prospects and potentials,
- Joint Operating Agreements and Service Contracts,
- Corporate energy matters, such as corporate structuring, taxation and governance,
- M&As in the Energy fields,
- Shareholders relationships and corporate transactions – Participation in decision making, AGMs,
- Establishment of Investment protection in the Energy sector,
The Energy Law team of our Firm possesses practical experience and extensive know how on legal matters of various aspects of natural gas exploration, exploitation and distribution, gas and oil production, allocation, storage and shipping. It has also in the past years represented before State Authorities and regulatory bodies, including the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, multinational companies engaged in the Oil and Gas Sector.
Furthermore our Corporate M&A Department has provided legal support on Mergers and Acquisitions, shareholding relationships and corporate transactions and affairs on Joint Ventures in relation to operations on the energy field, as well as provided legal due diligence on obtaining financing facilities for various activities.